Making Staff Redundant?
Many businesses are having to make redundancies due to the difficult economic environment. Making staff redundant can be a stressful experience for both employers as well as employees.
Free Redundancy Advice for Employers
If your small business is been forced to make redundancies, we can guide you through the correct steps of making staff redundant.
Making Redundancies – Legally
- The UK government has a multitude of guidelines that must be followed that might not always be clear or obvious relating to making redundancies.
- ALL businesses are bound by redundancy procedures and redundancy legislation.
- Even if you think you have followed the correct redundancy procedures it is prudent to get a qualified opinion on the process you are about to follow.
Call our FREE HELPLINE for small businesses now
Don’t Risk an Employment Tribunal
If it can be shown that another worker has taken over the tasks of the worker let go the employer is liable to a claim for unfair dismissal in an Employment Tribunal.
The Role Not the Person
- A common misconception is that underperforming staff can be sacked, laid off or let go under the guise of making staff redundant.
- Under UK law it is the role and not the person that is being made redundant.
Stay Within the Law
- Every business with employees will have to go through a staff restructuring procedure – you are not alone. Sometimes this requires making employees redundant.
- Keep your contracts of employment up-to-date. This is your most important document as it outlines the relationship you have with your employees including situations relating to redundancies, e.g. the redundancy notice.
- Every business is different so we advise that you call our advisors to review your documentation first and then formulate a plan of action.
Call Our Free Helpline for Employers Now
0845 051 3883
"When I had to make staff redundant, getting the right advice made the process much less stressful for everyone"
Not sure if you're following the correct process?
Get a second opinion in minutes call us on